Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try using sautéed chicken breast meat, it's so much tastier than poached, (Sauteed Chicken Breasts for Salads came with this recipe), from Cook's Country magazine, June/July 2007. We didn't use the cilantro because I hate the stuff.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated fine
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 -2 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 5 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 6 flour tortillas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and tortillas.
- Add chicken and toss until coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve wrapped in tortillas, or cover and refrigerate for up to two days.
This wrap was a delicious and very filling lunch today. Great flavor -- I also added some leaf lettuce, cucumber strips, carrot strips and cilantro to the wrap as well. Used a spinach tortilla wrap -- nice and colorful. Made for ZWT9.
Really yummy sandwich. I think it needs something more than just the red pepper for crunch - some crunchy iceberg and sprouts would not be amiss here. Very good flavours.
What a nice, light lunch! I love the dressing for these wraps, the fresh ginger really adds to it. I too don't care for cilantro and left it out. I used only 1 jalapeno but will increase to 2 next time because it wasn't spicy at all. I may also experiment with adding other veggies in the future, like carrots and bean sprouts. Thanks for a wonderful recipe! Made for ZWT6 by a fellow Looney Spoon :)