1/1 Photo of Thai Peanut Chicken
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks (boneless and skinless)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- one 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, preferably homemade
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon nam pla
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1Put chicken, garlic, ginger and curry powder in a large bowl and toss well to coat. Marinate while you prepare everything else.
- 2Put oil in a large, nonstick skillet/wok; turn heat to medium. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Raise heat to medium-high and add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken loses its raw look and begins to brown, about 5 minutes. (Additional cooking is coming when its in the sauce.).
- 3Stir in peanuts, sugar, nam pla and coconut milk. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened and chicken is tender, 5 - 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- 4NOTE: You can also use 1/2 head of broccoli and 6 scallions (2-inch lengths) in this also. Just parboil them first for about 3 minutes or until barely tender before adding to pan along with chicken. Obviously, you'd drain the vegetables first. You'd also need to increase the coconut milk to 3/4 cup total.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Peanut Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.8
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 629.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 41.1 g