1/1 Photo of Thai Peanut Chicken
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from Taste of Home "One Pan Recipes" publication, 2010. I don't know why they call it that, this recipe takes a baking dish, a saucepan, and a frying pan! Anyways, husband said, "Best chicken of all time," so doing the dishes was well worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -6 chicken legs or 4 -6 chicken thighs, optional remove skin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped
- hot cooked rice, for serving
- 1In a medium saucepan, whisk together coconut milk and peanut butter until nearly smooth. Whisk in broth, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, curry paste, ginger, garlic, and cayenne. Bring to just boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add chicken pieces, one at a time, shaking bag to coat.
- 3In a large skillet, brown chicken, half at a time, in hot oil, turning occasionally. Transfer chicken to an ungreased 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- 4Pour peanut butter mixture over chicken. Cover loosely with foil.
- 5Bake for 1 hour, occasionally spooning sauce or turning chicken pieces.
- 6Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes more, until chicken is very tender. Serve over hot cooked rice, spooning sauce and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Peanut Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.5
- Calories from Fat 547
- Total Fat 60.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 1080.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar
red curry paste