Recipe by Mirj
Saw this on slashfood.com and I just knew that it was posted for me!
Top Review by Colleen M.
I was really impressed with how good these are. I made it vegetarian by substituting just under 2 cups of cooked red lentils for the meat. I left the peanut butter at the amount specified, but I doubled all the other ingredients. Served in a whole wheat pita, with lettuce, hummus and tomato. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger (I use a Microplane)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together. I would do this with my hands to get everything really combined, but if you're sqeamish, use a wooden spoon.
- Grill, broil or pan fry until done to your taste. I usually have to hold back the urge to eat it a la tartare ;-).
- Serve on buns with your choice of condiments (sweet chili, srichcha or harissa are the faves in our house).