Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Saw this on slashfood.com and I just knew that it was posted for me!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger (I use a Microplane)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Mix everything together. I would do this with my hands to get everything really combined, but if you're sqeamish, use a wooden spoon.
- Grill, broil or pan fry until done to your taste. I usually have to hold back the urge to eat it a la tartare ;-).
- Serve on buns with your choice of condiments (sweet chili, srichcha or harissa are the faves in our house).
I was really impressed with how good these are. I made it vegetarian by substituting just under 2 cups of cooked red lentils for the meat. I left the peanut butter at the amount specified, but I doubled all the other ingredients. Served in a whole wheat pita, with lettuce, hummus and tomato. Thanks for posting!
Great, definitely a keeper! Made them just like described, only with some more soy sauce like ShortieNJ suggested, and they turned out wonderful. Maybe they hold together better if you knead the meat dough like bread dough - I use to do that with Romanian mititei (sausages), too, and they hold together without egg and flour. Thanks for sharing this recipe :-)
Yum! A five star taste, but they kind of fell apart, hence the four stars. I'll definitely make them again, but then I'll add an egg.