I was visiting my married daughter in Pittsburgh and copied it from a television chef's PBS cooking show. You can also use this as a sauce for Satay Chicken. You could probably add 1 or 2 grilled chicken breasts, diced or steamed shrimp to the salad to make it a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, not reduced fat
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 scallion, chopped,include green part
- 1 inch gingerroot, peeled and smashed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup chicken broth, i use fat free
- 1 lb pasta, i use gemelli
- 2 cups of chopped vegetables, i use beann sprouts,snow peas,grated carrots and minced red onions and a seeded diced cucumber
- 1Cook pasta until al dente, drain and rinse.
- 2Put all ingredients except chicken broth in blender jar.
- 3Pulse until well mixed.
- 4Pour in chicken broth slowly with blender until mixed in and smooth.
- 5The sauce will look very thin, but it works.
- 6Place pasta and vegetables in a large bowl.
- 7Toss together, then add sauce and toss well.
- 8Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.1
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 210.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: