Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthy and delicious salad for the summer!
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 Thai red chili peppers (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried shrimp (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 3 cups papayas (shredded)
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1 tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts (roughly chopped)
- 4 cabbage leaves
- Prepare dressing by combining garlic, chilies and dried shrimp in bowl. Smash with wooden spoon to release flavors.
- Stir in tamarind, lime juice, fish sauce and palm sugar. Set aside.
- Prepare papaya by removing the skin. Cut in half and scrape out seeds. Shred papaya with a shredding tool or julienne with knife. Repeat with carrot.
- Add papaya and carrot into dressing mixture. Smash and bruise papaya and carrots with wooden spoon to help papaya soak dressing. Set aside.
- Serve in cabbage cups, top with tomato, peanuts and cilantro.