1/1 Photo of Thai Panang Curry (Gourmet Style )
I was looking on here and didn't really see a Panang that I was used to eating from military overseas. This one is delicious and has a ton of different tastes. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (Peanut Sauce 2Tb and add peanuts)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (fresh red chili peppers 2 for more kick)
- 1 lb rump steak, sliced 1/4 in. to 1/8 in
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 4 quarts water
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 1/2 ounces water chestnuts (sliced)
- 2 1/2 ounces bamboo shoots (sliced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cut into two 1 in. rings then cut into 6 pieces each)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (do same as above)
- 3 -4 ounces broccoli, crown (slice each flower once down middle)
- 3 -4 ounces sugar snap peas (in pod)
- 1/2-3/4 large carrot (sliced at diaganol about 1/4 in. each)
- 1/2 white onion, cut into wedges and seperated
- 3 1/2 ounces baby corn, cut into twos
- 4 ounces of your favorite oriental mushrooms (I like Oyster,sliced, or Button,whole)
- 1 -2 fresh jalapeno, your authentic thai heat (sliced)
- 1 ounce fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 -2 ounce fresh Thai basil, if normal (finely chop 1 oz Basil with 1 oz Parsley)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 -2 lime wedge (served on the side)
- 1In 350 degree oven roast green and red peppers for 8-10 minute Set aside.
- 2Blanch in boiling water and salt first broccoli and carrot, then after a few minutes snap peas. Strain in cool water or ice water. Set aside.
- 3Mix oils and saute onion and jalapenos Until tan. Add garlic and mushrooms until onions brown. Set aside.
- 4Prepare sauce by adding all ingredients over medium heat and whisk together. After boil let simmer and stir occassionally.
- 5Saute all your meat ingredients and set aside.
- 6Mix all your preps into sauce, as well as shoots, chestnuts, and baby corn.
- 7When ready to serve, mix in Basil and Mint.
- 8Serve over Rice or I prefer Rice Noodle. You can also add a duck egg or a couple quail eggs (scrambled and dropped in boiling water for rice) and for noodle just scramble with noodles in pan or wok with a little oil. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
- 9(if you prefer more heat add more red chili I like mine to burn).
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Panang Curry (Gourmet Style )
Serving Size: 1 (923 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.3
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 324.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
Chinese five spice powder