This is a "full-bodied" set of flavors that come together deliciously! My family loves this for dinner and we have it in our "recipe juke box" as a regular dinner :-) I've made it a bit spicy here, so cut back on the red pepper, ginger and garlic if you want a more mild flavor. Great (and beautiful) served with steamed broccoli. Time saver: I often put together the sauce ingredients (first ingredient through garlic) together in the morning in a two cup measuring cup and stir so that my before meal prep is super simple. I tell myself it gives a chance for the flavors to come together better anyway! ;-)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 4 chicken breasts
- Cook pasta until al dente and set aside in a pasta bowl.
- Saute green onions and carrots in a tiny bit of oil over high heat for 3-5 minutes; throw this on top of pasta.
- Saute chicken until done; slice into strips and throw on top of pasta.
- In a saucepan, add sauce ingredients: broth, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, ginger, cumin, coriander seed, red pepper flakes and garlic.
- cover and cook slowly over medium heat until heated through and stir frequently.
- Add over pasta and mix using forks or salad spoons until the sauce is evenly distributed.