Recipe by Sue Lau
Fragrant and tasty noodles with a nutty, spicy sauce. This recipe has been submitted for the "Ready, Set Cook" challenge!
Top Review by eater
I just finished eating this meal and loved it. It was easy to make and tasted like something you get at a healthy resturant. It didn't taste low-fat, the only thing I didn't like was the peanut butter, although adding a great flavor, caused the sause to be a little gritty. As I ate this I wanted to call someone to tell them how good it was. I didn't have all the vegetables that were asked for, but I put in what I had and it still worked. This is one of those recipes you can't mess up. I hope you like it as much as I did!
For the Stir-Fry
- 85.04 g package ramen noodles
- 7.39 ml oil
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 5 Thai red chili peppers, chopped (optional)
- 28.39 ml lemongrass, chopped fine
- 113.39 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 118.29 ml broccoli floret, chopped small
- 118.29 ml shredded carrot
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced fresh mushroom cap
- 236.59 ml fresh bean sprout
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 29.58 ml chopped peanuts
- 1 wedge fresh lime
For The Sauce
- 14.79 ml peanut butter
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 7.39 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add ramen noodles, discarding seasoning packet.
- Cook ramen, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Drain ramen, and rinse with cold water in strainer or colander; allow to drain while preparing stir-fry.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in large skillet or small wok; add garlic, chilies, and lemongrass, stirring until fragrant.
- Add chicken to pan and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add broccoli and 2 tbsp water to pan and steam-fry for 1 minute.
- Add 2 more tbsp water And the carrots and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
- Add 2 tbsp water and the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for an additional minute.
- Add 1 tbsp water and the bean sprouts, cook 1 minute, then add the chicken and the cilantro, mixing well.
- Fold in the drained noodles, working in the veggies until they are well mixed.
- Top with sauce, and stir well.
- Squeeze wedge of lime over all, and garnish with chopped peanuts.