1/2 Photos of Thai Noodles (Pad Thai)
This is an adopted recipe that I have not yet had time to prepare. The original poster's comments are as follows: "This is my favorite version of Pad Thai. It's a wonderful mix of flavors - the sweetness is nicely contrasted with the tartness of the limes and red chilis. You can use chicken, pork, shrimp or a combination of all three. This is a meal in itself - It's really great with Thai iced tea! From "Thai Home Cooking" by Kamomal Pootaraska -- NOTE: I replaced the original version of Thai Noodles (Pad Thai) (when I adopted it in February 2005) with this authentic version that I have used time and time again with great success. It tastes just like the Pad Thai I have enjoyed in authentic Thai restaurants."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces Thai rice noodles, 1/8
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, Coarsely Ground
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb skinless chicken breasts, cut in small pieces (or 1/2 lb of a combination of 2 or all 3) or 1/2 lb pork, cut in chunks (or 1/2 lb of a combination of 2 or all 3) or 1/2 lb raw shrimp (or 1/2 lb of a combination of 2 or all 3)
- bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1Soak rice noodles in warm water for 20 - 25 minutes - they should be soft but not mushy; they will soften when they are cooked in the liquid.
- 2(prepare accordingly depending on your choice)Peel and deveign the shrimp, leave the tails intact - cut the chicken and/or pork into 1/8 inch x 1 inch pieces.
- 3Mix together fish sauce, sugar, vinegar and tomato puree until sugar is dissolved, set aside.
- 4Slice the scallions on the diagonal 1/4 inch thick, set aside.
- 5Heat a wok and add the oil, then stirfry the meat and garlic - when meat is cooked (no longer pink) add the drained noodles and quickly stir to coat with oil - quickly add the sauce and stir carefully to avoid breaking the noodles.
- 6Move the noodles to the side and add eggs - let them set a bit then break them up and continue to stir fry - add additional oil if necessary to keep noodles from sticking- continue to toss until eggs are nicely distributed.
- 7Add 3/4 Cup peanuts, bean sprouts and scallions - toss.
- 8Remove to serving platter, garnish with 1/4 Cup ground peanuts, sprinkle with the chili flakes and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over the top.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Noodles (Pad Thai)
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 833.9
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 1621.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 24.4 g