Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This chicken and pork dish mixes together in a tasty gravy with noodles. Found at WOKME.
- 2 tablespoons yellow bean sauce
- 2 cups water
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 250 g fresh flat rice noodles
- 500 g chinese broccoli
- 200 g pork, thinly sliced
- 200 g sliced chicken
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Coat the chicken and pork well with the flour.
- Mix the garlic and 2 cups of water with the remaining flour and mix well.
- Heat a wok or large fry pan and add the oil. Fry the meat in small batches until brown. When finished drain the excess oil and add the flour and water mixture and add all the meat.
- Turn to a low heat until a gravy mixture is formed. To thicken the gravy add a little more flour and water in a light paste form.
- In a large saucepan cook the noodles as per instructions on the packet.
- Mix the soy sauce with the sugar and mix the yellow bean paste with a little hot water then mix into the meat mix.
- 5 minutes before serving add the Chinese broccoli.
- Mix in the noodles and serve.
- yellow bean paste isn't necessarily yellow. it is made with yellow soy beans. you can find it in Asian stores.
As much as this is a Thai dish, I almost thought it was a Chinese one instead - very Cantonese in style. Other than that, really good!! Fairly quick to make as it's a stir-fry and once it comes together, can be on the table really quickly.