Recipe by Abby Girl
Found this recipe in the Best of Bridge series, A Year of the Best. Great for summer barbecues
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated (or lime)
- 1 tablespoon anaheim chili, minced (or jalapeno pepper for more heat)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb green beans or 1⁄2 lb asparagus
- 8 ounces egg noodles (fresh or dried Chinese)
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, slivered
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Vinaigrette: Whisk lime juice, vegetable oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, zest and chili pepper, salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Trim green beans or asparagus and cut diagonally into 1/2" pieces. Cook in boiling water until tender crisp. Plunge into cold water and set aside. Drain well.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain well.
- Toss noodles with vegetables and vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Garnish with green onions before serving.