1/2 Photos of Thai Noodle Salad
Jennifer Martin of Portland, Oregon, writes: "I am not formally trained in cooking but grew up working in food service, from chopping vegetables at food festivals to catering parties for a little extra income. Today I own Epicure Custom Cooking, a gourmet takeout shop and catering company with a few tables for dining. Our specials change weekly and are geared toward what I like to cook and eat. I simply love the business, even with my 12-hour days." Creamy but not heavy, this easy twist on pad Thai is even better at room temperature after the flavors have blended. Look for chili-garlic sauce and rice vinegar in the Asian foods section of the supermarket. Prep time does not include time to cool. Taken from professional-cooking.com for ZWT.
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces linguine
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite; drain.
- 2Transfer pasta to large bowl; add 3 tablespoons sesame oil and toss to coat.
- 3Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 6 green onions, garlic, and ginger; sauté until onions soften, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, and chili-garlic sauce; whisk to blend.
- 5Simmer sauce 1 minute; cool to room temperature.
- 6Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
- 7Add sprouts and carrots; mix well.
- 8Transfer to platter; sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.2
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 558.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: