Recipe by Jaudon
A refreshing main dish salad. Can be made with or without chicken, shrimp, or tofu.
Top Review by Sue Lau
I loved the bell pepper in this as it gave a fresh change to the usual noodle salads. The dressing was a nice combination of tart/sweet and was great with a drizzling of sambal oelek, although sriracha sauce would serve quite well also. I definitely would recommend this salad to anyone looking for a new noodle salad recipe to try. Thanks for sharing. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2009
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast (or 1 lb shrimp or tofu)
- 113.39 g rice noodles
- 473.18 ml shredded cabbage
- 236.59 ml julienned carrot
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 59.14 ml chopped scallions or 59.14 ml green onion
- 59.14 ml of fresh mint
- 59.14 ml fresh basil
- 59.14 ml lime juice
- 59.14 ml rice vinegar
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 19.71 ml fish sauce
- 1.23 ml asian chili paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken until golden, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes. Place cabbage in a colander and drain the noodles over the cabbage. Immediately rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- Toss cabbage, noodles, vegetables, and chicken in a large bowl.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together, and drizzle over noodle mixture.