Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
You'll get 100% of your daily vitamin C with this dish! From SparkPeople.com
- 6 ounces dried vermicelli
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime wedge (to garnish)
- Cook vermicelli according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine soy sauce, broth, peanut butter, lime juice, ginger and crushed red pepper. Cook over medium-low heat until peanut butter is melted.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to coat evenly.
- Stir in cooked chicken, sweet red pepper, green onions and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.
a favourite quick Sunday night dinner in our house. I mix the leftovers with shredded chinese cabbage (wombok) for lunch too.