Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this from cooking light. Not an authentic Thai dish but I like it. Makes a good lunch
- 12 ounces linguine
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite.
- Transfer pasta to large bowl; add 3 tablespoons sesame oil and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 6 green onions, garlic and ginger; saute until onions soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, and chili-garlic sauce; whisk to blend.
- Simmer sauce 1 minute.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
- Add bean sprouts and carrots; mix well.
- Transfer to platter; sprinkle with remaining green onions.
This is very good! 1 1/2 T of chili sauce made it a little spicy for some of the family. You might want to try a lesser amount and adjust to taste.