Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This could be served as a side with an Asian inspired meal, or as a main course for vegetarians. Great flavor combinations. Enjoy!
- 6 ounces rice sticks
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 8 ounces sliced fresh white mushrooms or 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup snow peas, julienned snow peas
- 1 cup carrot, pre-shredded
- 2 green onions, diagonally sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- In a large bowl, soak noodles in hot water for 20 minutes; drain and cook in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain well and place in large bowl.
- Meanwhile in a measuring cup, or jar with lid, combine hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soya sauce, lime juice, garlic and gingerroot; stir or shake to blend well.
- Pour half of the dressing over drained cooked noodles.
- Toss mushrooms, pepper, peas, carrot, onions and cilantro and remaining dressing with noodles.
- Serve at room temperature or chill until the next day.
Very good salad - we had it as a main dish, added some tofu. I also used a green bell pepper instead of a red one, but otherwise made as directed. Having the rest for lunch during the week, maybe adding some tuna to it. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT9