Recipe by Lene
There are so many great flavours associated with Thai food. Here i have taken a classic bolodnese and added some of those flavours to create something really special.
Top Review by Luschka
This was really tasty. The basil particularly was a great addition as it came in random surprise bursts of flavour. Very yummy. I also added some lemongrass to the rice and it was stunning. I also added a few other dried herbs and spices as we like our food like that. Great recipe. Thank you!
- 250 g thai fragrant rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and roughly chopped
- 500 g pork mince
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 180 ml chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 50 g fresh basil leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice in a pan of boiling water for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until golden. Stir in the garlic and red pepper and cook for 4 minutes, then add the mince and chilli powder and cook for 2-3 minutes until well browned. Stir in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend the cornflour with 1 Tbsp of water and the soy sauce until smooth, add to the pan and stir until slightly thickened; season and stir in the basil leaves. Drain the rice and spoon onto plates, top with the thai mince and serve with a scattering of fresh basil leaves.