Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
A colorful and flavorful salad with a tasty syrup. This also works well as a salad, tossing all of the melon balls together in a large serving bowl and drizzling with the syrup and topped with cilantro. Found on a grocery store recipe card.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, peeled and diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1 honeydew melon, halved and seeded
- 1 small watermelon, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 20 (10 inch) skewers
- Combine sugar, and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Once sugar has dissolved, remove pan from heat, and stir in ginger, lime zest and lime juice. Allow syrup to cool.
- Scoop melon balls from cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and watermelon.
- Place the melon balls on the skewers, alternating types.
- Drizzle or brush skewers with the syrup and sprinkle with cilantro.
This is a very beautiful and tasty addition to your Asian-themed meal...we all give it a big thumbs up! Made for ZWT 9.