Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for summer picnics. For easy shopping, I've generally found that 1 cantaloupe and 1 honeydew provide six cups. I usually peel the cucumbers, or if I leave them out because Cathy doesn't like them, sometimes I add apples instead. If it's hard to find a thai chile, at least try to find a red one for visual appeal, but the chiles are pretty switchable.
- 6 cups cubed honeydews or 6 cups cantaloupes or 6 cups crenshaw melon
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 grated lime, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 red Thai chile, diced with seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine melon and cucumber in salad bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over fruit, toss and serve or chill up to 2 hours.