Recipe by Mumma=^..^=
Found this recipe on SparkPeople years ago and I love it! It's a fairly low calorie sateh meat dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red peppers or 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger, root
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoons dried coriander, leaf
- 500 g minced beef, 500 gram(s)
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix half of the coriander, half of the garlic and 2 tbsp fish sauce into the meat, using hands to mix well. Form little balls, with wet hands. Saute the balls in oil for about 5 minutes. When cooked lay them on paper towels to drain. Keep them warm.
- Put the rest of the garlic, pepper and ginger root in the same pan and saute for 1 minute. Add coconut milk, peanut butter, sugar, 2 tbsp fish sauce and the rest of the coriander. Let it simmer while stirring, till the sauce thickens. Add basil, and serve with meat balls.
- Nice with rice noodles.