1/1 Photo of Thai Marinated Pork with Dipping Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
This is a great Thai dish, that isn't too spicy. It goes great with sticky rice. Originally it called for meat sliced thinly at 1.5" x 3" and placed on thin skewers like a ribbon. But I just use pork steaks with the bone cut out, and then cut into quarters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pork and Marinade Ingredients
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped (sometimes I use a whole head)
- 10 -12 sprigs cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce (get this at any asian food store, one brand I use is Tiparos)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 ounces thick coconut cream (1/2 cup, fresh tastes best, then canned, but I usually use powdered for convience. Prepare according)
- 4 ounces cooking oil (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (yes, in a pinch you can use black, but the white has a better flavor)
- 1 lb thinly sliced pork or 2 pork steaks, cut into quarters (8 pieces total)
- 1Pork& Marinade:Combine everything (but the pork) untill it's all blended together well.
- 2Add the pork and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- 3I like to let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- 4Some people like to use dishes or bowls to marinade the meat, but I like to use large zipper seal bags.
- 5While the meat is soaking we can get going on the dipping sauce: Mix everything together and taste.
- 6If it's too spicy-hot, just add a little more sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice till the flavor is right.
- 7When it's time to cook the meat, start your grill (I prefer charcoal).
- 8Skewer the meat if thats what you are doing, and place the items on the grill.
- 9Cook both sides evenly for a couple of minutes and make sure it's cooked all the way through.
- 10When eating, dip the meat into the sauce and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Marinated Pork with Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.9
- Calories from Fat 534
- Total Fat 59.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 129.9 mg
- Sodium 3108.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 48.7 g