1/1 Photo of Thai Marinated Pork with Dipping Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
This is a great Thai dish, that isn't too spicy. It goes great with sticky rice. Originally it called for meat sliced thinly at 1.5" x 3" and placed on thin skewers like a ribbon. But I just use pork steaks with the bone cut out, and then cut into quarters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pork and Marinade Ingredients
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped (sometimes I use a whole head)
- 10 -12 sprigs cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce (get this at any asian food store, one brand I use is Tiparos)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 ounces thick coconut cream (1/2 cup, fresh tastes best, then canned, but I usually use powdered for convience. Prepare according)
- 4 ounces cooking oil (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (yes, in a pinch you can use black, but the white has a better flavor)
- 1 lb thinly sliced pork or 2 pork steaks, cut into quarters (8 pieces total)
- 1Pork& Marinade:Combine everything (but the pork) untill it's all blended together well.
- 2Add the pork and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- 3I like to let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- 4Some people like to use dishes or bowls to marinade the meat, but I like to use large zipper seal bags.
- 5While the meat is soaking we can get going on the dipping sauce: Mix everything together and taste.
- 6If it's too spicy-hot, just add a little more sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice till the flavor is right.
- 7When it's time to cook the meat, start your grill (I prefer charcoal).
- 8Skewer the meat if thats what you are doing, and place the items on the grill.
- 9Cook both sides evenly for a couple of minutes and make sure it's cooked all the way through.
- 10When eating, dip the meat into the sauce and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Marinated Pork with Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.9
- Calories from Fat 534
- Total Fat 59.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 129.9 mg
- Sodium 3108.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 48.7 g