- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pan, combine vinegar, sugar, water and salt; cook over medium heat, stirring, until liquid boils and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Peel or score cucumber, if desired and cut lengthwise into quarters; then cut quarters crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
- Place in a serving bowl, pour marinade over cucumbers; stir to blend.
- If made ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Top with peanuts before serving.