Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Authentic Thai Dessert!
Make and share this Thai Mango Sticky Sweet Rice Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- Soak the sweet rice overnight.
- Place rice on cheesecloth and steam for about 30 minutes.
- Bring coconut milk to a boil with sugar and salt, stirring until sugar is dissolved, and remove from heat.
- Transfer the rice to the rice cooker and let it steam for about 30 minutes after it pops.
- In the meantime, make sure rice is sticky enough(fully cooked)but not overcooked like a paste. Stir in 2/3 coconut mixture.
- Rice can be served warm immediately or serve chilled.
- Divide rice into 2 servings, place the chopped mangoes on top or on the side. Drizzle desserts with the remaining sauce.
SOOO good. Now I can have my favorite dish from Berkeley's Thai Temple without having to travel thousands of miles!
This is the simplest recipe for this dessert on Recipezaar at the moment. I followed it to the T and it tastes just like the dessert I love so much in the restaurants.