1/2 Photos of Thai Mango Salad With Marinated Shrimps
4 hrs 45 mins
I sort 'threw together' this salad for my Asian X'mas dinner. Very refreshing and can be made up to 3-4 hours ahead. This salad is made in a few stages - all very easy and quick. The wonton cups can be made a day ahead, stored in an airtight container. Assemble just before serving, so that the wonton cups don't get soggy. If you want to assemble ahead, serve in small lettuce cups. You can also use scallops instead of shrimps.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 wonton wrappers
- 15 medium shrimp, with shells on
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1/4 inch ginger, sliced
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thai mango, unripe,julienned
- 1 small cucumber, julienned (I use Japanese cucumber)
- thai birds eye chile, chopped (I use 4)
- 1 small granny smith apple, julienned (use any tart apple)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- dry roasted salted peanut, chopped coarsely,to garnish (optional)
- fresh parsley or cilantro, to garnish
- 1First, make the wonton cups- press wonton wrappers into greased muffin cups, bake them for 10mins at 350°F; cool and store them in airtight container up to 1 day ahead.
- 2Add lemongrass, ginger, lime zest and juice to approx 2 cups of water (enough water to cover the shrimps) and bring to boil in a small saucepan.
- 3Poach the shrimps in the stock for 5-10mins, until shrimps just turned pink (do not overcook); remove and cool.
- 4Peel the shrimps and set aside.
- 5Make the dressing/marinade- combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- 6Place cooled shrimps in a ziplock bag, and pour in the dressing; marinate shrimps for 1-2 days in the fridge for best results.
- 7A few hours before serving, combine all salad ingredients except the black pepper and garnish, in a medium non-reactive bowl.
- 8Add the shrimps and dressing, toss to coat and chill.
- 9Assembly- place wonton cups on serving platter/tray, arrange salad in the cups, topped them each with a shrimp, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and chopped nuts and garnish with fresh parsley/cilantro before serving.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Mango Salad With Marinated Shrimps
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 242.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: