Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
My new low fat (without the peanuts) favorite summer salad!
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, approx 2 3 limes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 mangoes, ripe but firm
- 2 sweet peppers, preferably 1 red & 1 orange
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 green onions
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts, toasted & coarsely chopped
- Finely grate peel from 1 line and place in bowl along with lime juice. Whisk in soy sauce, sugar and jalapeno until sugar/honey is dissolved. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Add salt to taste. Set aside.
- Toast peanuts by placing chopped nuts on baking sheet in a single layer in 350 oven. Toast 7 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until fragrant.
- Peel mango, then cut away chunks of fruit from pit. Cut into thin strips and place in bowl. Seed peppers and cut into thin strips and add to mango. Coarsely grate carrot and thinly sliced green onions and add to bowl with coriander. Toss gently to combine.
- Add dressing and toss until mixed. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Just in time for dinner tonight! Easy & light. Not too sweet but savory too. I skipped the peanuts but that didn't effect the overall. Thanks for sharing!
This was a lovely salad. I can't wait to make it with the Cilantro and green onions, I know that it will be awesome. Today, I made as written but had to omit those ingredients as I was out. The salad was good without them, but will be even better with them. I will re-rate at that time. Next time, I will decrease the amount of soya sauce (personal preference only). Thank you for sharing this tasty dish. Made for Spring Pac 2014.