1/2 Photos of Thai Mango Salad
Nat Da Brat's Note:
This is a nice side salad that I first had as a side at a Thai restaurant, but we like to have it with just about anything. It's a nice combo of sweet and spice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 red Thai peppers (seeded and minced)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 ripe but firm mangoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot (coarsely grated)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 shallot (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts (toasted)
- 1Zest peel from 1 lime and place in a measuring cup along with 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- 2Whisk in fish sauce, sugar and thai pepper until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Gradually whisk in peanut oil until blended.
- 4Add shallot, mix well.
- 5Set dressing aside.
- 6Peel mangoes, then cut away chunks of fruit from pits then, cut into thin strips (julienne, or use grater) and place in a large bowl.
- 7Seed sweet pepper, cut into very thin strips and add to mangoes.
- 8Add carrot, half of green onions, and cilantro. Toss gently until combined.
- 9Add dressing and a pinch of salt, toss until mixed.
- 10Sprinkle with nuts and remaining green onions.
- 11Note: I usually serve this on a bed of lettuce and garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Mango Salad
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.1
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 372.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: