Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an ideal summer dish because there's hardly any cooking. In fact, if you substituted rice noodles for the stir-fry egg noodles, you could eliminate the stove altogether (just cover the rice noodles with boiling water for a few minutes). Feel free to adjust the dressing to your taste. You could use Thai fish sauce instead of soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce in place of the curry paste.
- 125 g stir-fry noodles, medium thickness
- 200 g prawns
- 1 sweet orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lime
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Rinse in cold water, drain and set aside.
- If the prawns are frozen, cover them with boiling water and let sit for five minutes.
- Put the noodles, prawns, orange pepper, onion and corn in a large bowl.
- Separately, whisk together the curry paste, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, the juice and zest from the lime.
- Pour over the noodles and toss to coat.
- Mix in the coriander.
- Put in the fridge until ready to serve.
- This dish is best if marinated for about an hour and mixed once or twice during chilling, to make sure all the noodles are covered in the dressing.