Recipe by Debi
Tasty, fast & easy recipe by Donna Hay with a couple slight modifications. Even the cilantro naysayers in our house liked this :)
Top Review by Tea Girl
This is a good recipe, though I liked it more than my husband. I would liked more a flavour from the lemongrass paste, so maybe I would put in more paste or just use fresh lemongrass. I used a bird's eye chili instead of a jalapeno and Thai basil instead of normal basil because it stands up to spicy dishes more than normal basil. Thanks for sharing. Made for My 3 chefs '09.
- 1 (250 g) package dried rice noodles, stick
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 lb minced chicken
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped fine
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (optional, add with ginger)
- 1 lime, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large covered pot, boil enough water to cover the noodles. Remove from heat and place noodles. Leave for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, ginger, lemongrass chile and optional jalapeno and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the minced chicken and cook, stirring until cooked through. (about 6 or 7 minutes).
- Stir in the lime juice, fish sauce, cilantro, basil and onions.
- Serve over hot noodles with lime wedges to squeeze over top.