Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Versions of this salad appear on menus in many Thai restaurants. Very simple to make at home. From California Home Cooking. Nice refreshing summer supper.
- 12 ounces steak, good quality meat
- kosher salt
- black pepper, in a mill
- 4 cups greens, salad, such as mesculun
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce, recipe follows
- 4 sprigs mint
- 1 lime, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 serrano chilies, minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, from 1-2 limes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Prepare outdoor grill. Season steak with salt and pepper, place on grill, and cook for about 5 minutes, turn and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more, or until meat is cooked rare. Remove from heat and let rest.
- In large bowl, toss together the greens, cilantro, and mint leaves.
- Cut meat across the grain and arrange slices on top of greens.
- Spoon 1/4 of the sauce over each portion, garnish with mint leave and a lime wedge and serve immediately.
- For sauce combine garlic, chiles, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar in small bowl.
This was good, but a bit too hot for us lol. I am very glad that I only put in 3.5 serranos for sure. The actual flavor beyond the heat factor though was very nice, and reminded me a lot of a mojito. Now to get my lips to stop burning.... lol.