Recipe by ChipotleChick
This is one of Rachael Ray's recipes that I got off of the food network website. They're really incredible! Talk about flavor! It's from her 30 minute meals show. However, this took me about 35 minutes to make (with the sesame noodles that she made with them on the same show) probably because I can't chop as fast! They go perfectly with her recipe for 'Cold and Spicy Sesame Noodles'(which can be made un-spicy very easily), which I will also be posting.
- 1 lb chicken tenders, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (coleslaw mix without dressing)
- 3 green onions, sliced at an angle
- 1⁄2 cup plum sauce
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, halved again
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over high until hot.
- Add the vegetable oil, then the chicken.
- Cook for two minutes stirring constantly.
- Toss in the ginger, garlic, bell pepper, cabbage/carrot mix and green onions.
- Stir-fry another two minutes.
- Add the plum sauce and toos for one minute, then add the basil.
- Drizzle in fish sauce and turn to coat evenly.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Place small heaps of chicken mixture onto a 1 or 2 leaf thick piece of lettuce.
- Sprinkle cucumber over it and fold to eat like a taco.