1/1 Photo of Thai Lettuce Wraps
This is one of Rachael Ray's recipes that I got off of the food network website. They're really incredible! Talk about flavor! It's from her 30 minute meals show. However, this took me about 35 minutes to make (with the sesame noodles that she made with them on the same show) probably because I can't chop as fast! They go perfectly with her recipe for 'Cold and Spicy Sesame Noodles'(which can be made un-spicy very easily), which I will also be posting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken tenders, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (coleslaw mix without dressing)
- 3 green onions, sliced at an angle
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, halved again
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1Heat a large skillet over high until hot.
- 2Add the vegetable oil, then the chicken.
- 3Cook for two minutes stirring constantly.
- 4Toss in the ginger, garlic, bell pepper, cabbage/carrot mix and green onions.
- 5Stir-fry another two minutes.
- 6Add the plum sauce and toos for one minute, then add the basil.
- 7Drizzle in fish sauce and turn to coat evenly.
- 8Pour into a bowl.
- 9Place small heaps of chicken mixture onto a 1 or 2 leaf thick piece of lettuce.
- 10Sprinkle cucumber over it and fold to eat like a taco.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.8
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 702.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix