Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try this and tell me what you think. You could substitute "Fry Chik"(vegetarian chicken).Fresh! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 16 leaves bibb lettuce
- 1⁄2 lb bean sprouts
Cucumber Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded and peeled cucumber
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill weed, crushed
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat 1 minute.
- Add garlic and chicken; cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 mins.
- or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add broth and cook over medium heat until most of liquid evaporates.
- Stir in green onions and next 5 ingredients.
- Spoon 2 tbls.
- chicken mixture onto each lettuce leaf; sprinkle with bean sprouts, and fold over.
- Serve with cucumber dipping sauce.
- Cucumber Dipping Sauce: In small bowl, stir together plain low fat yogurt, cucumber and dried dill weed, crushed.
- Cover, refrigerate until serving time.
- Makes 1 cup.
Delicious, light and tasty. Nothing to change. Definite keeper for our hot summer months.
Very Very Good Shaton 123!!! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us, and left out the cilantro, just didn't have any, did the rest of it as instructed.Loved the mint and lime taste!!nice combination with the ginger and red pepper, all with great crispy crunchy lettuce, we used iceburg lettuce. We will definately make these again often. Thanks for sharing!!
outstanding recipe. i did add a little chopped lemongrass as well but other than that kept to the recipe. The flavors were terrific and it was easy to put together.