Recipe by scleon90
Surprising easy and delicious! This is one of my favourite recipes from a Malaysian cookbook.
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons tamarind extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemongrass, finely chopped (white part only)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 bird chilies, chopped
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 1 sprig coriander leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put lime juice, tamarind extract, fish sauce and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add in the remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve this sauce over fish fillet (cod-any white fish is good).
- Rub fish with a little salt and white pepper. Steam the fish (600-800 gms) over a wok at high heat for about 5-8 minutes or until done. Pour away water from the steaming fish.
- Pour the fish sauce over the fish and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and lime slices on top. Serve with white rice.