Top Review by JustJanS
Quick, simple and a nice bit of spice with the black pepper-what more could you ask. I was unable to get lemongrass, so I used the zest of a lemon instead. I served this with a Thai style cucmber salad.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 cilantro, roots (with some stem attached)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lime (juice of)
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs (with bone)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro stem
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mortar or spice mill, grind garlic, peppercorns, cilantro roots and salt and set aside in a large dish or resealable plastic bag.
- Using spice mill or food processor, pulse lemongrass a few times until it is finely shredded and add to ground spices.
- Mix in lime juice, mixing well.
- Add chicken to mixture and work mixture into flesh, using your hands, and allow to marinate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roast chicken in a pan with a drainage rack for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve garnished with fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired.
- Pass Thai red chile sauce (nam prik dang) (can use recipe# 30195) at the table, and serve with steamed jasmine rice.