1/2 Photos of Thai Lemongrass and Chile Soup (Tom Yum)
Aariq Skought's Note:
A delicious spicy, vegetarian soup that will clear out even the most congested of sinuses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 stalks lemongrass, peeled and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 3 fresh kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon peeled minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons roasted chili paste
- 1 1/2 cups chopped oyster mushrooms or 1 1/2 cups white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 -3 small hot green chili peppers, seeded and halved (optional)
- rice noodles
- 1In medium saucepan, heat vegetable broth to a simmer with lemongrass and lime leaves if desired.
- 2In small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring often, about 30 seconds.
- 4When broth has simmered for 5 minutes, remove lemongrass and lime leaves and discard.
- 5Add cooked garlic and ginger to broth.
- 6Return broth to a boil, and stir in chile paste and mushrooms.
- 7Cook until mushrooms have wilted, about 30 seconds, then stir in lime juice and fish sauce.
- 8Remove from heat, and ladle soup into small bowls along with your favorite rice noodles.
- 9Top each bowl with chopped tomatoes, cilantro and a pinch of hot green chiles if you want it really really spicy.
- 10Alternatively, tomatoes and chiles can be mixed together and placed in small serving bowl for people to help themselves (this way people can make it as spicy as they want).
- 11For Vegetarian/Vegan omit the fish sauce and use the soy.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Lemongrass and Chile Soup (Tom Yum)
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 708.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: