Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a diabetic recipe site.
Make and share this Thai Lemongrass and Basil Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb green chinese long beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces or 1 lb young green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 -inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, all fat removed, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced, rings separated
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, tough outer leaves removed, 4 inches of each stalk minced
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free no-salt-added canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons spicy oyster sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1⁄4 cup Thai basil
- Boil the beans in water until crisp cooked. Drain and place in ice water to stop cooking. Drain again and set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in a heavy non-stick skillet or wok until very hot. Add the chicken, onion and garlic. Stir-fry for 4 minutes until chicken begins to cook through. Add the lemongrass, fish sauce, sugar substitute, coriander, and turmeric. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add the beans, broth, and oyster sauce. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through. Season with pepper.
- To serve, mold the rice using a 1/2 cup (small gratin cups and place the chicken around the rice. Garnish with basil. Serve immediately.