1/1 Photo of Thai Lemon Beef
My husband loved this recipe. Lemon in common in Thai Cooking. Combined with garlic and red pepper flakes. It adds intense flavor to this stir-fry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks (1-inch thick)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons red peppers, dried & crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, 2 inch pieces
- 4 ounces water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups ramen noodles, cooked and drained
- 1Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/8 inch thick strips and place in a bowl.
- 2Combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients. Reserve half of mixture. Pour remaining mixture over steak. Cove and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- 3Drain steak, discarding marinade.
- 4Stir-fry half of steak in 1/2 T hot oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat 1 minute or until outside of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; repeat procedure with remaining steak and oil. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- 5Add green onions and water chestnuts to skillet stir-fry 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 6Whisk cornstarch into reserved soy sauce mixture; stir into vegetables, and stir-fry until thickened.
- 7Add steak; stir-fry until thoroughly heated. Serve over noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Lemon Beef
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.6
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 1431.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 40.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef top round steaks