Recipe by Kree
This flavorful pasta dish pairs shrimp or chicken with noodles and a peanutty sauce. I don't know how authentic it is, but I do know it's creamy and delicious! And as an added bonus, it's low-fat. This recipe is from Looneyspoons by Janet and Greta Podleski.
Top Review by Hadiknown
We really liked this. My 2 picky teenagers both gave this a thumbs up. Rare that they both like the same thing. One comment I got was to use less peanut butter next time but that's probably my fault and I didn't measure very well and probably used too much. Excellent recipe...thanks for sharing!
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine or 12 ounces linguine (can also use rice noodles, spaghetti, or any other noodle of your choice)
- 2 cups sliced red bell peppers (sliced in thin, long strips)
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter (or soy nut butter)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I omit this)
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (or chopped cooked chicken breast)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare sauce.
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except shrimp; mix well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender and sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Stir in shrimp (or chicken) and cook just until heated through, 1-2 minutes; do not overcook or shrimp will be rubbery.
- Toss hot shrimp sauce with pasta and serve immediately.