1/1 Photo of Thai It! You'll Like It!
This flavorful pasta dish pairs shrimp or chicken with noodles and a peanutty sauce. I don't know how authentic it is, but I do know it's creamy and delicious! And as an added bonus, it's low-fat. This recipe is from Looneyspoons by Janet and Greta Podleski.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine or 12 ounces linguine (can also use rice noodles, spaghetti, or any other noodle of your choice)
- 2 cups sliced red bell peppers (sliced in thin, long strips)
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter (or soy nut butter)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I omit this)
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (or chopped cooked chicken breast)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- 2While pasta is cooking, prepare sauce.
- 3In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except shrimp; mix well.
- 4Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- 5Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender and sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened.
- 6Stir in shrimp (or chicken) and cook just until heated through, 1-2 minutes; do not overcook or shrimp will be rubbery.
- 7Toss hot shrimp sauce with pasta and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai It! You'll Like It!
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.3
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 292.6 mg
- Sodium 548.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 40.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth