Recipe by Sra.Ruhlen
This incredibly delicious, aromatic, spicy and flavorful recipe was a national chicken cooking contest winner. It was created by Michelle Anderson of Eagle, Idaho. It is worth every minute of the preparation.
Top Review by lmoren
The flavors were great, but it took a REALLY long time to make. I also had a lot of the flour and coconut milk dipping mixtures left. You only need about half. The panko and peanut mixture was about right. I won't be making this again as the end result didn't justify the amount of time it took to prepare.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped Thai basil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 limes, juice and zest of, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup black sesame seed, toasted
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- lime wedge
For the Thai Slaw
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 finely minced Thai chile
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 napa cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 English cucumber, coarsely grated
- 1 grated carrot
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix together rice, coconut, green onion, basil, cilantro, chili sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice and zest of 1 lime.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to even thickness. Place equal amounts of rice mixture on each chicken breast half.
- Wrap chicken around filling; secure with wooden pick.
- In glass pie plate, mix together flour, zest of 1 lime, salt and pepper.
- In another plate, mix coconut milk and 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- In third plate, mix together peanuts, panko, black and white sesame seeds.
- Roll chicken breasts, one at a time, first in flour mixture; then in coconut milk mixture and finally, in peanut mixture, coating well.
- In shallow baking pan, arrange chicken, seam side down; place in 350°F oven.
- Bake 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Place slaw on serving platter.
- Remove wooden picks and add chicken to platter.
- Garnish with cucumber, lime and cilantro.
- Thai-style Slaw: In large bowl, mix together 3chunky peanut butter; seasoned rice vinegar; lime; and Thai chili. Stir in cilantro; basil; cabbage; cucumber, carrot, and onion. Refrigerate.