Prep 4 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Such flavorful steak - every bite sings as you chew. Two things about the ingredients: 1) I use ground herbs and spices because I can't afford to keep the fresh stuff around. I posted "fresh stuff equivalents" just in case. 2) I like my noodles completely cooked, all the way through...ie I don't like al dente. So if YOU like al dente, be sure to adjust the cooking time of your noodles. I got the marinade from Food Network's "Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger"
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 1 dash curry powder
- 2 cups uncooked penne
- 1⁄4 lb green beans (optional)
- 2 beef eye round steaks
- 1⁄2 cup thinly slice onion
- 1⁄2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- Mix all ingredients of marinade, except for 2 Tbls of lime juice.
- Pour 1/2 marinade over steak, then add reserved lime juice. Refrigerate other half of marinade for later. Steaks should sit for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Once steaks are ready, you can either grill them until they are slightly pink in the middle, or broil them. To broil: place on a broiler pan, broil 3 inches from heat 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning after 5 minutes.
- While steak is broiling/grilling, bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta, cook until halfway done, then add green beans (optional). Let pasta alone until it finishes cooking.
- Let steak stand for a few minutes, then cut diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Combine onions, red pepper, and steak into a pan. Add the remaining marinade and sesame seeds and saute until steaks are sizzling and onions and peppers are done to your liking.
- Serve steak and veggies over pasta, sprinkle with feta cheese.
- We use whatever steak we have left for steak and eggs the next morning!
This has to be one of the best dishes I have cooked with beef! I changed the serving size to one, used elbow macaroni for the pasta, and left out the green beans. I accidentally made too much pasta, so I have plenty of leftovers. I'm not complaining one bit ;) Also, I fried the beef in a skillet rather than broiling or grilling it.