Recipe by Joanne in Raleigh, NC
These flaors were mingling in my head, and I wanted to make a stew instead of classic thai food. Great Sunday night dinner. Good for family or simple company dinner.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons thai chili paste
- 4 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 lbs pork shoulder, cubed
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 large carrots, cut into stew size chunks
- 2 zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven until 325º.
- Heat coconut oil until shimmering, add onions, saute 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and grated ginger, saute 1 minute.
- Add chili paste and curry paste, and peanut butter; heat until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, simmer.
- Add orange juice and chicken stock, simmer on low.
- Salt and pepper pork. Brown lightly in frying pan. Add pork to pot.
- Deglaze saute pan by adding mirin, add juices to pot. Add red pepper flakes.
- Place pork stew in onion for 90 minutes.
- Add carrots, return to oven, cook 20 minutes.
- Add zucchini return to oven, cook 15 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice. Garnish with chopped cilantro.