Recipe by Susie D
I love easy salads & this Thai inspired caesar caught my eye on House of Annie.com. The recipe uses easy ingredients to make a garlicky dressing with a peanut twist. The fish sauce replaces the Worcestershire and anchovies in the original recipe
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 hard-boiled egg whites, chopped
- 1 cup fried won ton noodles
- cubed chicken breast (optional)
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 4 hard-boiled egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice half a white onion and marinate it with the Italian dressing.
- Hard boil 4 eggs. Cool, then peel the eggs. Separate the yolks from the whites. (Chop the whites up and add them to the salad.).
- Make the dressing: Mash the egg yolks in a bowl. Add the garlic, peanut butter, mayonnaise, water, fish sauce, and Italian dressing. Stir well to combine. It should be a smooth sauce, with very little lumps. Add the marinated onions to the dressing. Add in the sugar, a little at a time, until it reaches the desired balance of sweet to tart.
- Lightly toss the lettuce, egg whites, cilantro, and fried won ton noodles together with the dressing. Add the chicken if using.
- Plate on serving plates & drizzle with the dressing.