Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a cool coffee drink that is brewed by allowing it to stand at room temperature for 12 hours and thus not heating up your house on an already hot day. *We prefer dark roast for the fuller flavor but you could use regular roast.
- 1⁄2 lb dark roast ground coffee
- 8 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Stir together ground coffee and cold water in a pitcher until well combined.
- Let stand at room temperature for 12 hours.
- Pour coffee mixture through a large, fine wire mesh strainer into a Dutch oven or other large container, discarding grounds.
- Clean strainer; place a coffee filter or double layer of cheesecloth in strainer. Pour coffee mixture through lined strainer into a pitcher.
- Add vanilla extract. Cover and store in refrigerator up to 1 week, if desired.
- Stir together coffee mixture and sweetened condensed milk.
- Serve over ice.
This was so good, I made half the recipe and wished I had made the whole recipe instead, next time. I loved how easy it was to make. I let it sit overnight and enjoyed it in the morning and afternoon. I used Starbucks Bold French Roast Coffee, it was wonderful prepared this way. The condensed milk makes it very rich, sweet and creamy. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe, that I will make again.
This is SO. GOOD. I might be twitching a little as I type this because I can't seem to stop drinking it LOL. Good thing I made it half caf! I cut the recipe down to 2 oz of coffee and I really wish I hadn't. I will definitely make this again, in fact I'm pretty sure this is on its way to my Best of 2013 cookbook :). Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.
Started this before bed so it would be ready in the morning. I wasn't sure that this would be sweet enough for me (I like a little coffee with my milk and sugar, lol), but surprisingly, it was. Whoo-eee, is this ever "kicky", though! If you're on the caffeine-sensitive side like me, you might want to consider using a lighter brew coffee, or even decaf. I used Colombian dark roast coffee for mine. My to-go iced coffee cup is pretty big, and I made the mistake of filling it up. It tasted so good that I finished the whole cup, but my hands were shaking for hours after my coffee was gone! I think if anyone had stood next to me in a quiet room, they would've heard a slight hum from me vibrating because I was so caffeinated, LOL. With that said, I would definitely make this again, but I would use a MUCH smaller cup. Thanks for posting! Made for The Hot Pink Panthers for ZWT9