Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe request. But, as I love iced coffee and drink it right through from May to September, I thought I'd post for others like me. Sounds delicious.
- very strong black regular grind coffee, sufficient to brew 4 cups
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- crushed ice
- Add the cardamom to the ground coffee, and brew the coffee; when the coffee is brewed, add the sugar and almond flavoring, mix well and then let the coffee cool to lukewarm.
- Fill four 12 ounce highball glasses half-way to the rim with crushed ice and then fill two-thirds full with coffee; into each glass, stir about 1 tablespoon of heavy cream.
- To achieve a layered effect, hold a spoon on top of the coffee and pour the cream slowly into the spoon so that the cream floats on top of the glass over the coffee.
Wow!! This is so lovely. The almond and cardamom are an amazing addition to the flavor of coffee !! I cut the sugar in half and it was great !
What a treat!! And so EASY to make! This is definitely a keeper recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
This was pretty good. I brewed 6 cups of coffee and needed to add more sugar. It was nice and refreshing!