Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Cooking Light. I'm posting it here for safe-keeping because I've been looking for a good, healthy, low-cal version of this soup for years! The nutrition facts are leaving out a lot of ingredients, so here's the scoop... Serving size: 2 cups. Calories per serving: 135.
- 6 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, halved and crushed (4-inch)
- 1⁄2 habanero pepper, minced
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced (about 2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine chicken broth, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, and habanero in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and shrimp to pan; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Add juice, fish sauce, tomato, and onions to pan; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in coconut milk and cilantro. Discard lemongrass stalk and lime leaves.