1/3 Photos of Thai Hot & Sour Soup
I don't know where I got this recipe originally, the card is all splattered and dirty. I wanted to post it here before I lose it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 3 stalks lemongrass, cut in 1 inch lengths
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 green serrano chilies, slivered
- 2 lbs chicken (or mixture) or 2 lbs shrimp (or mixture) or 2 lbs tofu (or mixture)
- 1 tablespoon thick coconut milk
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 red serrano chilie, slivered
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1Heat the chicken stock in a large pot with the lemongrass, lime leaves, lime zest and green chiles. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2Add the meat and/or tofu to the stock and simmer until the meat is done.
- 3Turn off the heat and add the coconut milk and lime juice. Stir to blend.
- 4Pour soup into a tureen or ladle into bowls and sprinkle with red chili, cilantro and green onions.
- 5Adjust individual servings to taste with additional chili, cilantro, green onions, soy sauce. fish sauce or lime juice.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Hot & Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.0
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 184.5 mg
- Sodium 849.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 55.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves
red serrano chilies