Prep 2 hrs
Cook 25 mins
These are great with a nice glass of Honey Ale!
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken wings; stir to mix throughly.
- Add wings, stirring to coat.
- Cover and chill for 2-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- To cook, place wings on foil-lined baking pan, reserving excess marinade.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, basting with reserved marinade halfway through cooking, until wings are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove pan from oven and heat broiler on high; broil wings until deeply brown.
- Transfer to serving platter to serve.
These were actually pretty good. I have access to a lot of chicken wings at a reasonable price, so I'm not scared of trying new recipes. The peanut butter intrigued me. So, I tried these for my Pro Bowl party. My guests ate them with indifference, but I really liked them. I thought the honey somewhat overpowered the soy, so I may use a bit more soy next time or back off the honey.
These are the best wings. My daughter loves these. I get requests from the family all the time for these wings.
Very good starter recipe. We cooked these in a frier, using peanut oil, then covered the cooked wings in the glaze. I think next time I'll add more spice, but I will definitely make again.