- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped lemongrass
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, mix together sugar and cornstarch.
- Whisk in broth, vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, lemongrass, pepper flakes, and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until lightly thickened; then reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Brush on pork or chicken during the last 10-12 minutes of grilling.