Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chilean Sea Bass: which is not truly Sea Bass, but who cares? It is one of the most tasty types of fish you can buy. And definitely tasty, done in the Thai style.
- 1 lb chilean sea bass fillet
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄4 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 3 Thai red chili peppers, stemmed and minced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ponzu sauce (light soy sauce ok)
- Combine all ingredients except Sea Bass to form marinade.
- Pour marinade over fish in a ziplock bag or shallow dish and allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill over medium-hot coals until cooked through (about 4-8 minutes per inch of thickness, until fish flakes easily), turning once, and basting frequently with marinade.
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice, sauteed bok choy, and/or grilled zucchini medallions on kebabs (basted with marinade), if desired.
- Good table condiments include lime wedges and chile sauce (sambal oelek).